Shell Houston Open Value Picks | Back to preview
IMPORTANT: Recommended sportsbooks for golf betting with Nic's Picks: Ladbrokes - generally better value prices for the market leaders. Extrabet - The only sportsbook to pay out in full for place ties. Free bets at both.
- 1pt E/W Geoff Ogilvy @ 25/1 (Ladbrokes) Ogilvy ha a great recent record at Redstone and it's hardly surprising as courses with generous fairways and fast, firm conditions are courses where Ogilvy thrives.
- 1pt E/W Adam Scott @ 60/1 (bet365) Absolutely loves this course, previous winner, can go VERY low round here and shown signs that he's coming back to form in recent outings
- 1pt E/W Carl Pettersson Top European @ 33/1 (Stanjames) Pettersson let me down a little last week after he looked back to his best in the week previous but he didn't do too badly and it may have been that the Bay Hill course just didn't fit his eye as well as Redstone might. Can't resist these odds in a market with only about 30 runners.
- 2pts Nick O' Hern Top 10 finish @ 13/2 (Extrabet) O' Hern finished in the top 5 two weeks ago and went on to burn up the course and be the player of the tourmanent in the Tavistock Cup. He sat it out last weekend and should be raring to go in the Shell, where he also carded a top 5 finish last year. Likes fast and firm conditions.
- 2pts Bo Van Pelt Top 20 finish @ 4/1 (Skybet) Van Pelt looking really steady of late. always seems to be hanging in and around the leaderboard. Solid record here and a great price for a top 20.
Benefit from any tips? Thank me with a beer :)
Facebook betting group | Twitter