Join Nicspicks mailing list for free weekly golf betting tips, direct by email

Bet now at

Volvo China Open Picks

2011 Volvo china Open Picks
Pick 1: Simon Dyson E/W @ 25/1 (general) Dyson usually kicks into gear around this time of the season and having shot -8 in round 2 last week in Malaysia, the pattern looks to be setting itself again before the Volvo china Open. Very good record in this part of the world.

Pick 2: Danny Willett E/W @ 40/1 (general) Similar to Dyson in terms of getting going and in recent weeks he's been simmering and I've been watching him closely hoping for him to strike at a great price. In the Volvo China open field this week, 40/1 is massive....

Pick 3: Jeev Milkha Singh @ 60/1 (general) Much traveled Singh has been in the wilderness for a couple of years but has been sniffing around the leaderboard on the european tour in recent weeks and he's a man who when gets into contention, doesn't go away. Great E/W value this week IMO in the Volvo China Open where he will be well used to conditions.

Pick 4: Nicolas Colsaerts E/W @ 50/1 (general) Under achiever is another that's been simmering recently and huge hitter off the tee which will give him an advantage over a lot of the field on a fresh course that plays over 7,300 yards. He will be able to take advantage of the par 5's.

Pick 5: Robert Rock E/W @ 70/1(general) Silly price on a player off the back of 2 top 20's who can compete against the best and a regular feature on leadeboards at the lesser European Tour events such as the Volvo China Open.


  1. Hi again
    Since my last post on "The Heritage Picks" entry, I searched for some information about golf. Now I know more about "rounds" and I found where I can see golf livescore.
    I follow your tips and I back these 5 that you wrote. I back Colsaerts at odd 48 and now he is trading at 4.1 or 4.2 and he is the leaderboard. The round 3 is just finishing and if I lay now I already get a nice profit (about 1.5 times the investment of backing 5 players). Should I lay now, or as you said wait for final round?
    And if I wait for final round, at which point should I get out? When the odds go down to around 2.0? And if the odds start to grow?

    Sorry about so many questions and sorry abou my english (I'm portuguese ;))

    David Almeida

  2. Hi mate, yep all 4 rounds unless serious weather problems reduce the tournaments. Follow the official sites: and and you'll stay in touch with scoring and all that.

    With regards to laying now, in this situation, the leaderboard is still a bit bunched hence Colsaerts' big price even though he's winning so I'd usually tend to wait for the first part of the final round (if he still has a 1 shot lead after even 6 holes, his price will have reduced significantly). However in this situation, the final round will be starting too early (my time) so I'll be laying him off now to cover my liability (on the tournament) while leaving a margin for bigger profit if he goes on to win(last week I got the times wrong with the weather delays and totally lost out on Noren in the same situation). Don't trade just yet as his price may drop in the next few hours (already moved to 3.8).

    You could lay Colsaerts now(in a few hours) for the total you staked on the tournament (across the 5 players), that may be the best way to go. If you are getting up early to watch, you could lay him again at a much smaller price after 9 provided he is going well.

  3. I've also placed an order to lay Jeev Milkha Singh at 6.0 for 1/6 of my potential profit on him. I won't be watching which is why I've done that in case he starts well and goes low. If you're doing that, make sure to click the "keep at in play" button.

  4. nice work!! ;)


Post a Comment

Any thoughts or fancies to share, then feel free... all feedback welcome

Follow by Email

Featured Post - Nics Trading Strategy

Featured Post - Nics Trading Strategy
Trading the golf on Betfair .........
Join Free Footy Tips for FREE today!


Twitter Updates